Saturday, July 28, 2007

Ducati Dreams

Once in awhile, I can still picture myself arriving in school riding a Ducati 999, in full-cool-biker- gear. Before parking I would rev the engine a few times, just to announce my presence.

I can still picture myself out-gunning rice-boy drag racers who spent all of their parents' hard earned money tuning their cars. But the one thing I still picture in my head is the intoxicating high that speed brings. Riding on a bike will give me that freedom, because if I crash my bike, there are less chances of hurting anyone; there is a sense of freedom, not having to care for the safety of any passenger with you. Freedom and speed, the beauty inherent in Sportbikes.



Two summers ago, I attempted to ride a Honda....Wave, a scooter. After a few revs i let go of the brakes(while the bike was in full throttle...) As you would expect, I got into an accident. I almost crashed into an electric post without a helmet, luckily I was able to make the bike skid; I walked out of that accident with a few wounds. And I had to pay for the bike.



I wonder whether or not I should still try to fulfill my Ducati dreams; should I consider that accident as a minor setback? Or is it a sign that motorcycles are not for me.



Well, if I do get to buy my Ducati 999 and should crash and....
One thing you can find solace in is that at least I did so doing something that made me feel free.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i tried to drive a 400cc or so yamaha; TRIED is the operative word. Before i could even make it run, i fell - couldn't handle the weight!

So dapat, maging wrestler ka muna :D hahahaha

John said...

hehehe at least 400cc yun; the wave is a 120cc bike :P
yah, wrestler muna ako,I''ll pump up with streroids, then give it a go!:P